Pulte kitchens are designed with a comprehensive lighting plan that creates multiple sources of natural light, task lighting and decorative light. Also important to the kitchen is the design of “smart zones” that maximize flow for storage, prep, cooking and clean up.
Some of the kitchen innovation designs in the prototype include:
- Electric induction cooktop that is more energy efficient, provides cooking precision, faster heating, easy-to-clean surface, with a sleek modern look that keeps the kitchen cooler.
- Under cabinet LED lighting that illuminates tasks and creates a beautiful look.
- Whirlpool® Energy Star appliances certified by the Department of Energy that use 10 to 50 percent less energy and water than standard models. With appliances and lighting often accounting for more than one-third of an average homeowner’s utility bill, incorporating energy efficient appliances can translate into significant savings.
- Lower cabinets with deep pull-out drawers that are more useful.
- Counter-depth refrigerator that provides a streamlined look, more storage solutions, convenient access to contents, automatic system that creates ideal temperature for food, and better traffic flow by not protruding in congested areas.
- Easy storage solutions such as two-bin trash and recycling containers.