TAMPA, FLA., Oct. 9, 2018 – Pulte Homes’ West Florida Division announced today that its Oct. 1 Building to Make Lives Better Golf Tournament raised $109,195 for the Children’s Home Network. The money will help fund operations at Kids Village, Adolescents in Motherhood and other community outreach programs that serve Tampa Bay’s at-risk children and families.
A total of 130 golfers participated in the all-day tournament at Avila Golf & Country Club in Tampa. Platinum sponsors Hill Ward Henderson, Interior Logic Group and Rosen Materials each donated $10,000 to the event. Pulte Homes underwrote all tournament expenses, allowing all proceeds to go to the Children’s Home Network.
“We are grateful to be able to contribute to the well-being of children and their families who are most in need of support,” said Sean Strickler, President of Pulte’s West Florida Division, who is also a Children’s Home Network board member. “The residential, family counseling and resource services provided benefit those who face the greatest family challenges. It is important for Pulte and our generous trade partners to give back to the community in which we all live and work, and to assist these very deserving children and families through this incredible charity.”
Children’s Home Network began in 1892 when founder Carrie Hammerly began aiding orphaned and abandoned children in Tampa. Six years later, she and other local women formed a non-profit, The Children’s Home. Over the next 130 years, it grew to serve all of the Tampa Bay area, adding programs and an 88-acre property with housing, medical and counseling services. The current name was adopted in 2017.
Today, the non-profit operates Kid’s Village, a residential healing campus for children ages 6-17 who have been abused or neglected. Other programs help young people, parents and caregivers:
- Adolescents in Motherhood program supports teen mothers and mothers-to-be with caregivers and trained staff on a residential campus in Tampa
- The SEEDS Program works with schools to prepare children for kindergarten
- Fostering Families recruits and prepares foster families and seeks to keep siblings together and reunify families
- Kinship supports relatives who are caregivers to promote family stability
- Pinellas Support Team helps families whose children are having difficulty in school due to behavioral and emotional issues
- Healthy Families Hillsborough operates a home visiting program that helps expectant parents and parents of newborns cope with stressful situations
- Three family resource centers in Hillsborough County offer services emphasizing child development, health and safety.
About Pulte Homes
Pulte Homes is a national brand of PulteGroup, Inc. (NYSE: PHM). Pulte Homes builds consumer inspired homes and communities that provide the move-up buyer the best quality of life. Only Pulte Homes offers the combination of innovative Life Tested Home Designs® with an unwavering commitment to quality and attention to detail. For more information about Pulte Homes, visit www.pulte.com.