San Antonio, Texas, January 29, 2010 — Rain and storms fell upon the Greater San Antonio area yesterday afternoon and through the nighttime hours. Over the past 24 hours, the Centex team and officials from the City of San Antonio were on-site continuously monitoring the rain effects at the community of the Hills at Rivermist
As of 9:30 AM this morning, the measures we took in anticipation of the rain helped minimize soil movement, and avoided further significant erosion on the site.
As previously outlined, the comprehensive steps taken included:
- Plastic skirting against the homes reinforced with plywood to avoid shifting.
- Dirt has been removed from the top of the affected area to limit additional movement.
- Most affected homes (three) have been piered to add structural support to the foundations.
- Grading directly behind the homes has been channeled to divert water out of the area as soon as is practical.
- Existing storm water drainage facilities have been examined via camera to ensure they are clear of blockage.
- Erosion control is in place to control storm water run-off.
- Interceptor drain cleared of debris to facilitate rapid run-off.
“We remain diligent in monitoring the stability of the site over the next 24-72 hours to ensure the continued safety of our residents,” said Laurin Darnell of Centex Homes.For more information, visit http://www.rivermistinfo.com.